My friend, Samantha, who blogs over at The Samantha Show did this questionnaire and I thought it would be fun to do it also.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Just Hayley and Mom. When I was younger I wanted Hayls to catch on but it didn’t, lol.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? You can check out the books I wanted to read here…..I have yet to start any but I will soon….promise!
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I don’t doodle much.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I will normally get out my phone and watch something on Hulu, Netflix, or YouTube.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? I could probably last a few days….if confinement meant just no people and I could have internet, lol.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I save most of them….any from my husband and kids and special ones from other family members.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? I am pleading the fifth on this one…but it’s not anyone in my house.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I usually say hi to those that I know but make sure to head straight to find the host.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? I wouldn’t want to give up any of them, lol.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Normally I’ll glance each time I pass one, lol.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? I don’t think I believed anything strange…at least that I can remember.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Reality tv
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? Me.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? I don’t read the newspaper.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? I don’t really care for anything that slithers….lizards, snakes, etc.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Avoid. I hate confrontation.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? My husband told me he was proud of me for all I do while he’s away working.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? My weight….more so my overall health but my weight plays a big part in it.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. In some aspects, yes, for sure….but I do like to change things up from time to time.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. Yes….I’ll admit it….I am.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? It’s been a while. I did the 21 Day Fix a while back and did really well…it did kick my butt.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? I have a handful of friends that I call my BFF’s. We have moved a lot from my husbands job so I will make friends with people where we live. A lot become close friends.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? Both. I do want to build something for myself…but I’m a yellow so I want to help everyone.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? I have never told anyone this….but it’s really strange so now’s a good time right? LOL My grandma passed away a few years ago. I used to hold her hand and rub her thumb so I know what it feels like. In the past few months I have caught myself rubbing my thumb and it feels just like hers. But doing it consciously, like now, and it doesn’t feel like hers, so I feel like she’s with me them. Yes, I told you, weird, LOL
25. What do you think about more than anything else? My husband and kids.
26. What’s something that amazes you? How some people only think about themselves and how nothing is their fault, it’s always others doing things to them. Ugh…I could go on but I won’t.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? I don’t like to lie but don’t like to be mean either so….in between.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? There’s not too much here to see, lol. But it depends on the guest. If they haven’t been to the military museums here we’ll take them there.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? I would rather pay someone to clean the house but I would feel like I needed to clean up before they came so it would be a waste of money. I did though start using Harris Teeter Express Lane grocery pickup and that’s been great. I paid for the year and even if I only shop once a week it’s less than $2 each time. My coffee I get when I go in is over twice that!
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I don’t.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? Everyone should be able to express their beliefs, but when you push your beliefs on someone else that’s when I pull away.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? The only studying I do now really is on essential oils. I do that from my desk and laptop or from anywhere on my phone.
33. What position do you sleep in? On my side, arm under pillow, with one leg up.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why? I don’t know if I have an all-time favorite. But right now, we are loving Boone, NC. We went there last summer for a week and the kids and I want to go back this summer. Now jut to convince the hubs to go back there and not somewhere else.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Sense of humor, kindness, and generosity.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I’m the oldest so I can be a little bossy…
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? My anxiety.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? There are a couple of people, but we’ll leave it at that.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I wouldn’t.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? In some ways, yes. But overall, no.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? I don’t think there is much that is unforgivable, I can forgive but not forget.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Yes… live and learn and move on.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? Forgiveness is more for me than for the other person. I might not make the effort to tell them but in my heart I know I do.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Yes. I won’t go into detail but yes.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I do, probably too much. Although, as I’ve gotten older, people can lose my trust easier. I don’t have time for those that aren’t trustworthy.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? I have a dirty mind, lol.
47. What was the best news you ever received? Probably that I was pregnant.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? I don’t like to be mean, so I tend to sugarcoat to not be hurtful or unkind.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? My BFF4EVA and my husband.
50. When do you find yourself singing? If you see me driving in the car, you’ll see me singing….hopefully just seeing and not hearing, LOL!
Do you have any questions for me? Leave them in the comments and I’ll do another Q&A! And if you answers these make sure to let me know.